Mono & Stereo 2022 Editors Choice Award Winner!
Nagra is on a course to become a major force in the world of vinyl. Having just launched their first-ever turntable - the "statement" level, Reference Anniversary turntable/tonearm system - they now follow with the production of The Nagra 70th Anniversary 45rpm double vinyl album. Mastered at 2xHD on Nagra equipment and cut at famed Bernie Grundman Mastering, the set is pure analog from analog master tapes. The LPs feature tracks from Bill Evans, Louis Armstrong, Monty Alexander and Buddy Tate along with some amazing audiophile tracks recorded on the legendary Nagra IV-S tape machine.
"We have just received the acetate test records. To say that they are stunning is an understatement." -statement from Nagra
The musical and sonic panacea is served up immediately and in full, with no need to foreground the contrast between sound and music. Laflamme has hit exactly the right sweet spot... The NAGRA 70th Year Anniversary Collection album is not the usual analog ahoy, but a true balm for the soul with precipitating effects and tactile reality checks on all four sides of the Nagra double vinyl album.
- AAA Vinyl (All-Analog Recording, Mixing & Mastering)
- Audiophile Vinyl
- 200g Vinyl
- Double LP
- Mastered by René Laflamme at 2xHD Mastering Lab on Nagra Equipment
- Cut by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Plated by Master Craft
- Pressed at Le Vinylist, Quebec
- Audiophile Tracks Recorded on the Legendary Nagra IV-S Tape Machine
- Bill Evans - Very Early - from Some Other Time
- Piltch and Davis - Horizontal Blue - from Take One
- Buddy Tate - Stardust - from I Cried for You
- Louis Armstrong - C'est si bon - from Now You Has Jazz
- Marlene VerPlanck - Deep in a Dream (Rudy Van Gelder rec.) - from I Think of You with Every Breath I Take
- The L.A. Network - Take 5 - from Dave Brubeck Redux
- Monty Alexander Trio - Samba de Orfeu - from Love You Madly
- Drum Sound Check - Dynamics demo (Recorded by Matthieu Latour on a Nagra IV-S with a pair of Neumann U-87)
- Marc Vallée Trio - Caméléon (Recorded by René Laflamme on a Nagra IV-S with a Fidelio RL-1 custom tube microphone in M-S technique.) - from Hamadryade
- OSL - The Soldier's March (Igor Stravinsky) [Live recording. Recorded by René Laflamme on a Nagra IV-S with only one microphone (Neumann SM-69 tube) in Blumlein microphone technique.]
- Trio de Curda - Oblivion (Recorded by René Laflamme on a Nagra IV-S with only one microphone [Neumann SM-69 tube] in Blumlein microphone technique.) - from Liber Tango