This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Premonition Records announces the release of its sixth R2R Master Tape Series release, Patricia Barber, Selections From Verse. Barber's first record of all original material, Verse received lavish praise on its release in 2002. The Los Angeles Times named Verse the "#1 Jazz Album of 2002" while the Boston Globe said, "Verse is among the smartest records of jazz vocals - and lyrics - ever produced." In a ★★★★★ review, Stereophile named Verse "a masterpiece" and DownBeat gave Verse, ★★★★ ½.
This R2R release contains a little over half of the album and comes from 96/24 session mixes direct from the mixing console at Chicago Recording Company. This production was mastered by engineer extraordinaire Anthony Gravino (The Drake Studio) utilizing his remarkable collection of vintage analog gear. Spectacular Sound!
Each tape is copied directly from the digital master file created by Anthony Gravino to a custom-built Sony APR 5003 tape recorder. Each tape is recorded, one at a time, to 1/4" half-track stereo, at 15ips IEC.
- Master Quality Reel To Reel Tape
- 1 Reel
- Approximately 32 minutes of music
- Tape is copied directly from the digital master files to 15ips IEC, 1/4" half-track
- From 96/24 session mixes direct from mixing console
- Mastered by engineer Anthony Gravino (The Drake Studio) on collection of vintage analog gear
- Packaging equivalent to other Premonition R2R Master Tape Series releases
- Dansons La Gigue
- I Could Eat Your Words
- Lost In This Love
- If I Were Blue
- Regular Pleasures