Hybrid Multi-Channel & Stereo SACD!
5.1 Surround Sound Mixed From Original Analog Master Tapes by James Guthrie!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time - Rated 55/500!
The classic Pink Floyd masterpiece receives the multichannel reissue treatment from Analogue Productions. How lucky we all are to hear this legendary studio recording realize its full potential. The SACD also of course includes a stunning stereo mix. And as this is a hybrid disc, the album is of course also playable on a standard CD player.
This is Pink Floyd at its collective finest, with everyone contributing. David Gilmour took a huge chunk of the music - writing, laying down the chord progressions on "Breathe", "Time" and "Any Colour You Like", plus the singing on the album's best songs, Waters conceeding to David's far superior voice. Gilmour also pumped out what would later be hailed as some of rock's most influential lead-guitar riffs on "Money" and "Brain Damage".
By all industry standards, The Dark Side Of The Moon is a phenomenon. Known for its complex instrumental textures, the album firmly established Pink Floyd as one of the most innovative bands in rock history. A concept album, its themes explore conflict, greed, time, and mental illness, the latter partly inspired by the deteriorating health of founding member Syd Barrett, who left in 1968.
The Dark Side of the Moon produced two singles: "Money" and "Us And Them". The album topped the Billboard chart for a week, and remained on the chart for 741 weeks from 1973 to 1988. Following a change in how Billboard counts sales in 2009, it re-entered the chart and has since appeared for over 900 weeks. With estimated sales of more than 45 million, it is Pink Floyd's bestselling album and one of the bestselling worldwide.
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Multi-Channel SACD Layer
- SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- Hybrid SACD plays in stereo on CD players, SACD players & SACD compatible DVD players
- Hybrid SACD plays in 5.1 surround sound & stereo on all SACD & compatible players
- 5.1 Surround Mix requires a multi-channel SACD player or compatible Surround Sound system
- 5.1 Surround Mix is not available using a standard CD or DVD player
- Mixed From Original Analog Master Tapes by James Guthrie
- 5.1 & Stereo Mastering by Doug Sax & James Guthrie
- 5.1 Surround Mix by James Guthrie
- DSD authoring for SACD by Gus Skinas
- Packaged in USA
- Speak To Me
- Breathe (In The Air)
- On The Run
- The Great Gig In The Sky
- Us And Them
- Any Colour You Like
- Brain Damage