This product is not compatible with the Pro-Ject A-1 turntable or any other fixed-spindle turntable!
Vinyl sound can be significantly improved, when unwanted resonances between record and platter can be reduced, while playback. Therefore surfaces of record and platter should connect tigthly.
Standard record pucks, that use weight to achieve this, have 2 disadvantages:
1) The weight can induce higher levels of rumble, when used with lower cost turntables which have less massive main bearings
2) Instead of tightening the records surface to the platter, heavy weight record pucks can cause the opposite: Vinyl will get shaped like a bowl with no contact of the outer edges of the record to the platter.
Both will affect the sound negatively!
Clamp it is the real solution, an accessory with a clamp mechanism around the center spindle, that will not add weight, which would induce rumble. You can fine-adjust pressure according condition of your warped records. Fitting of Clamp it is easily done within seconds. This accessory will not only please your ears, its beautifully machined diamond-cut edges will also look extremely cool on any turntable!
- Sound improvement
- Reduces unwanted resonances while playback
- Fast and easy mounting
- Fine-adjustment of tightening force
- Full-metal accessory with leather coating
- Diamond-cut finish
|Material||Aluminum with Leather Coating|