This fascinating collection of songs was envisioned and produced by Sam Cohen and Brian Burton (Danger Mouse). The record, Resistance Radio: The Man In the High Castle Album, was inspired by the original Amazon Studios series The Man In the High Castle.
The songs originally recorded in the '60s, have been newly envisioned and recorded by today's artists such as Norah Jones, Sharon Van Etten, Beck, The Shins and more.
"This was a hard sell, asking people to do classic classic songs that have stood the test of time. That's not an easy gig. I just wanted to convince them that I'm not setting them up. You don't want somebody to do a not-as-good version of something that people know... that was the real discussion beforehand. It was like, 'Look, if we don't pull this song off, then we just won't use it. But this is an attempt. We're going to try to do this.' And we really did prepare. That's why we did so many songs. We did not plan on having 18 songs. But we recorded 18, and we used 18."
"When we mixed the album we used a lot of older equipment to put the songs through. And when were done, we pressed it onto vinyl, so we mastered it off of the vinyl. The version that you're hearing is coming off of a vinyl record, which takes a little bit of the shine off in a way that sounds more accurate to what we're looking for."
Limited Time Digital Download
1. The End Of The World - Sharon Van Etten
2. Nature Boy - Andrew VanWyngarden (from MGMT)
3. Can't Help Falling In Love - Beck
4. Spoonful - Benjamin Booker
5. The House Of The Rising Sun - Sam Cohen
6. A Taste Of Honey - The Shins
7. Who's Sorry Now - Angel Olsen
8. Speaking Of Happiness - Waterstrider
9. Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child - Michael Kiwanuka
1. Love Hurts - Grandaddy
2. Lonely Mound Of Clay - Big Search
3. I Only Have Eyes For You - Kevin Morby
4. Who's Lovin' You - Kelis
5. Unchained Melody - Norah Jones
6. Lead Me On - Curtis Harding
7. All Alone Am I - Maybird
8. Living In A Trance - Karen O
9. Get Happy - Sam Cohen