25 years ago, the film "Singles" and its soundtrack worked together to bring the underground Seattle music scene to the forefront of mainstream consciousness. The album was among the first top-selling movie soundtracks of the 1990s to showcase new material from emerging contemporary bands.
The soundtrack from Cameron Crowe's 1992 film contains music from Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Chris Cornell, Jimi Hendrix, The Smashing Pumpkins and more.
The double LP enhanced collection includes the newly mastered original 13-track album pressed on two vinyl LPs. The newly released bonus CD features previously unreleased recordings by Chris Cornell, Mike McCready, Mudhoney, and Paul Westerberg in addition to rarities such as Cornell's 1992 EP Poncier (debuting an early rendition of "Spoonman") and tracks from the film not included on the best-selling soundtrack album first released on June 30, 1992. The success of "Singles" helped establish a then-emerging new generation of rock artists - including 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains and Soundgarden - as musical forces to be reckoned with.
The expanded edition of the "Singles" soundtrack includes, for the first time on CD, "Touch Me I'm Dick," the signature track from "Singles" performed by Citizen Dick (a fictional band created for the film featuring frontman Matt Dillon backed by Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament).
The new Epic Soundtrax/Legacy Recordings edition of the Singles: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack-Deluxe Edition includes liner notes--and a track-by-track description of the album's music--written for especially for this collection by Cameron Crowe, the screenwriter and director of "Singles." The newly expanded edition of the film's soundtrack is produced by Danny Bramson and Cameron Crowe and mastered by Mike Piacentini at Battery Studios, New York.
Set in Seattle at the beginning of the 1990s, Crowe's film featured music by relatively obscure (at that time) bands like Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains and Soundgarden, providing an introduction to an emerging grunge rock music scene for a welcoming mainstream audience. The film became a cult classic while the soundtrack achieved RIAA double platinum status in the US.
A romantic comedy capturing the zeitgeist of an era, "Singles" helped define the look, sound, attitude and style of Generation X with a fresh-faced ensemble cast featuring Bridget Fonda, Campbell Scott, Kyra Sedgwick, Matt Dillon, Bill Pullman, Sheila Kelly, Jim True-Frost, James LeGros, Ally Walker, Jeremy Piven, Eric Stoltz, Tim Burton and more.
Double LP Plus CD
25th Anniversary Edition
Original album newly mastered
Bonus CD of rarities and previously unreleased material
Limited time digital download
1. Would? - Alice In Chains
2. Breath - Pearl Jam
3. Seasons - Chris Cornell
4. Dyslexic Heart - Paul Westerberg
5. Battle Of Evermore - The Lovemongers
6. Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns - Mother Love Bone
7. Birth Ritual - Soundgarden
8. State Of Love And Trust - Pearl Jam
9. Overblown - Mudhoney
10. Waiting For Somebody - Paul Westerberg
11. May This Be Love - Jimi Hendrix
12. Nearly Lost You - Screaming Trees
13. Drown - Smashing Pumpkins
1. Touch Me, I'm Dick - Citizen Dick
2. Nowhere But You - Chris Cornell (Poncier)
3. Spoon Man - Chris Cornell (Poncier)
4. Flutter Girl - Chris Cornell (Poncier)
5. Missing - Chris Cornell (Poncier)+
6. Would? (live) - Alice In Chains+
7. It Ain't Like That (live) - Alice In Chains+
8. Birth Ritual (live) - Soundgarden+
9. Dyslexic Heart (acoustic) - Paul Westerberg+
10. Waiting For Somebody (score acoustic) - Paul Westerberg*
11. Overblown (demo) - Mudhoney*
12. Heart And Lungs - Truly
13. Six Foot Under - Blood Circus
14. Singles Blues 1 - Mike McCready*
15. Blue Heart - Paul Westerberg*
16. Lost In Emily's Woods - Paul Westerberg*
17. Ferry Boat #3 - Chris Cornell*
18. Score Piece #4 - Chris Cornell*
+first time on CD