Complete Career Retrospective On 180g Double LP!
Includes 8 Tracks Previously Unreleased On Vinyl!
Music That Transcends Stylistic, Traditional & Generational Boundaries!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Cultural ambassadors, The Chieftains started their journey in Ireland in 1962. Since then they have won six Grammy Awards and are highly recognized for reinventing traditional Irish music on a contemporary and international scale. Although their early following was purely a folk audience, the range and variation of their music and accompanying musicians quickly captured a much broader audience, elevating their status to the likeness of fellow Irish band, U2. Their ability to transcend musical boundaries to blend tradition with modern music has hailed them as one of the most renowned and revered musical groups to this day.
Chronicles: 60 Years Of The Chieftains is a stunning career retrospective featuring tracks from across the band's discography, from their first album, Chieftains 1, through their most recent studio album, Voice Of Ages. The compilation includes collaborations with The Rolling Stones, Diana Krall, Alison Krauss, Van Morrison and Sinead O'Connor, and previously unreleased recordings from Live at The Royal Albert Hall, Live at The Cambridge Folk Festival, and recordings from the BBC and RTE archives.
- 180g Vinyl
- Double LP
- 25 tracks including 8 previously unreleased on vinyl & 1 previously unreleased
- 11 Claddagh tracks remastered from the original 1/4 inch tapes
- Duets with Van Morrison, The Rolling Stones, Diana Krall, Alison Krauss, Imelda May, Bon Iver, Paolo Nutini, Sinead O'Connor & Lisa Hannigan
- Made in Czech Republic
- Away We Go Again
- The Rocky Road To Dublin (With The Rolling Stones)*
- Brian Boru's March
- Carolina Rua / The Ladies' Pantalettes (Reel) [With Imelda May]*
- Carolan's Welcome
- Mna Na Heirann
- The McCarthy Theme / The Wandering (With The RTE Concert Orchestra)
- Down In The Willow Garden (With Bon Iver)
- No.6 The Coombe
- Drowsy Maggie
- Star Of The County Down (With Van Morrison) - Live At The Menagerie, Belfast, 1999*
- he Wind That Shakes The Barley (BBC Live Session From The Cambridge Folk Festival, 1981)**
- Carolan's Concerto (Live At Massey Hall, Toronto, 1976)
- Molly Ban (Bawn) [With Alison Krauss]*
- The Morning Dew (Live At Massey Hall, Toronto, 1976)
- The Timpan Reel
- My Lagan Love (With Lisa Hannigan)*
- The Boyne Hunt /The Mullingar Races / The Five-Mile Chase (Reels)
- Hard Times Come Again No More (With Paolo Nutini)*
- The Foggy Dew (With Sinead O'Connor)*
- The French March (With The RTE Concert Orchestra)
- Danny Boy (With Diana Krall, Bishop Nathaniel Townsley Jr & Gospel Jubilee and Malachy Robinson)*
- O'Neill's March (Live At Massey Hall, Toronto, 1976)
- 'Round The House And Mind The Dresser
- Cotton-Eyed Joe
*Previously unreleased on vinyl