Jazz Interpretations Of Liszt on SACD!
Lisztomania or Liszt fever was the intense fan frenzy directed toward Hungarian composer Franz Liszt (1811-1886) during his performances. This frenzy first occurred in Berlin in 1841 and the writer Heinrich Heine coined the term Lisztomania to describe the outpouring of emotion that accompanied Liszt and his performances. Lisztomania was characterized by intense levels of hysteria demonstrated by fans, akin to the treatment of celebrity musicians today but in a time not known for such musical excitement. Liszt's playing was reported to raise the mood of the audience to a level of mystical ecstasy.
Multiple Grammy nominee John Di Martino--composer, arranger, pianist--has recorded many albums for Venus Records with his Romantic Jazz Trio. Noted for his versatility, John has has been described as a "shape-shifter" for his creativity across musical genres.
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Single-Layer SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will • Made in Japan
John Di Martino, piano
Ed Howard, bass
Alvin Atkinson, drums
1. The Nobleman's Journey - Hungarian Rhapsody No.1
2. Lost Love - Hungarian Rhapsody No.5
3. Gypsy Fire Song - Hungarian Rhapsody No.13
4. Dawn Of A New Day - Funeral (Intro Theme)
5. Sugar Baby - Dreams Of Love
6. Forest Spirits - Forest Murmur
7. Farewell Minuet - Funeral (Main Theme)
8. Goulash Blues - Hungarian Rhapsody No.3
9. Soft Kisses At Midnight - Hungarian Rhapsody No.9
10. Sea Goddess - La Campanella
11. Once Before Goodbye - Consolation No.3
12. Donft Ask Twice! - Hungarian Rhapsody No.4
13. An Afternoon In Budapest - Hungarian Rhapsody No.2
14. Carnival Of Flowers - Hungarian Rhapsody No.9, 2nd Theme
Recorded at Avatar Studio in New York on March 25 & 26, 2011