Numbered, Limited Edition 180g Blue Vinyl 5LP Collector's Box Set!
Complete Grammy Award-Winning Score - First Time On Vinyl!
THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS on vinyl for the first time as a 5-LP boxed set. Housed in a collectors box with a blue leather-style spine, the collection is limited to 8,000 individually numbered copies on blue vinyl.
An epic film score receives epic treatment with The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - The Complete Recordings on this 180g Blue Vinyl 5LP Set.
The Lord of the Rings is one of most successful trilogies in film history earning 17 Academy Awards® including three for its music. Beyond critical acclaim, the music from the films also enjoyed wide commercial success, collectively selling 7 million copies. Directed by Peter Jackson,The Lord of the Rings films are based on the popular J.R.R. Tolkien novel of the same name.
The music for all three films was composed, orchestrated and conducted by Howard Shore. The music he wrote for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers was performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra with contributions from the choirs: the London Voices and the London Oratory School Schola boy's choir. The album was certified gold in the U.S., the U.K. and Canada and won the Grammy Award ® for Best Score Soundtrack Album. The set comes with extensive liner notes from author Doug Adams, who analyzes many of the themes and motifs used throughout the score.
Breathtaking and majestic the score composed by Howard Shore is an essential experience for fans of any of The Lord of the Rings films.
"There's probably never been as ambitious a film score as Howard Shore's 10-hour epic for the 'Lord of the Rings' series... the music is rich and complex, drawing on a vast range of styles and exotic instruments to evoke J.R.R. Tolkien's world of elves, hobbits and warlocks. But it's more than just background music: Shore uses an elaborate leitmotif technique (where musical themes are associated with specific characters or ideas, and are developed across the entire series) to hold the sprawling tale together. Lush, beautiful and full of intriguing surprises, it's no wonder that it's become one of the most popular film scores ever written." - Stephen Brookes, Washington Post, May 2008
• Numbered, Limited Edition - 8000 copies
• 180g Vinyl
• Blue Vinyl
• 5LP Set
• Deluxe Collector's Box with Blue Leather-style spine
• Deluxe Booklet
• Middle-earth map - Part II
• Extensive liner notes from author Doug Adams
• Entire score on vinyl for the first time
• Music composed, orchestrated and conducted by Howard Shore
• Performances by The London Philharmonic Orchestra, Isabel Bayrakdarian, Elizabeth Fraser and Emiliana Torrini
2. Elven Rope
3. Lost In Emyn Muil
4. My Precious
5. Ugluk's Warriors
6. The Three Hunters
1. The Banishment Of Eomer
2. Night Camp
3. The Plains Of Rohan
5. The Dead Marshes
1. "Wraiths On Wings"
2. Gandalf The White
3. The Dreams Of Trees
4. The Heir Of Numenor
3. The Court Of Meduseld
4. Theoden King - Featuring "The Funeral Of Theodred" performed by Miranda Otto
5. The King's Decision
1. Exodus From Edoras
2. The Forests Of Ithilien
3. One Of The Dunedain - Featuring "Evenstar" perfromed by Isabel Bayrakdarian
1. The Wolves Of Isengard
2. Refuge At Helm's Deep
3. The Voice Of Saruman
4. Arwen's Fate - Featuring "The Grace Of The Valar" performed by Sheila Chandra
5. The Story Foretold
1. Sons Of The Steward
2. Rock And Pool
3. Faramir's Good Council
4. Aragorn's Return
5. War Is Upon Us
1. "Where Is The Horse And The Rider?"
2. The Host Of The Eldar
3. The Battle Of The Hornburg
4. The Breach Of The Deeping Wall
5. The Entmoot Decides
1. Retreat - Featuring "Haldir's Lament" performed by Elizabeth Fraser
2. Master Peregrin's Plan
3. The Last March Of The Ents - Featuring Ben Del Maestro
4. The Nazgul Attack
5. Theoden Rides Forth - Featuring Ben Del Maestro
1. The Tales That Really Matter
2. "Long Ways To Go Yet" - Featuring "Gollum's Song" performed by Emiliana Torrini