First 1,000 Copies Include Silver Embossed Quicksilver Logo!
Along with fellow superstars Jefferson Airplane, Steve Miller Band and The Grateful Dead, Quicksilver Messenger Service were one of the first Bay Area rock acts that helped usher in the progressive rock/acid rock movement during the height of the Summer Of Love in San Francisco. With its core line-up of David Freiberg, Dino Valenti, Greg Elmore, Gary Duncan, Nicky Hopkins and John Cipollina, this amazing band truly delivered many fine recordings during their successful reign at Capitol Records.
Anthems of the era still resonate today with society issues and world problems as Quicksilver foretold with their classic signature tunes like Fresh Air, What About Me, Hope and Pride Of Man. With the superstar talents that made up this band over the years, it was not uncommon to hear radio stations play entire sides of their revolutionary albums during the dawn of FM and underground radio.
Capitol Records awarded Quicksilver and their huge fan base with a very extensive and amazing Greatest Hits package called Anthology back in 1973. Right from the start you get a healthy three track serving from their first monster release Quicksilver Messenger Service, along with more solid tunes from other fine albums like Happy Trails, Shady Grove, Just For Love, What About Me and others classics.
Out of print for many years, it is with great pride and honor to announce the first time 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl release of their classic Capitol Records release Quicksilvers Anthology on Friday Music.
This amazing album features sixteen of their most important songs from their legendary albums from 1967 through 1973. From the early acid rock sounds of Dinos Song and the twelve minute epic The Fool, to later day hits like the aforementioned Fresh Air, What About Me and Just For Love, this album truly shows the relevance and importance of this sorely missed iconic band.
Mastered impeccably from the original Capitol Records tapes by Joe Reagoso and Ron McMaster, this super limited edition album also boasts the original gatefold cover album art, including the silver on black embossed Quicksilver logo. The two HQ vinyl LPs are also protected by poly lined sleeves, as well as a poly bag to help keep the album cover and albums in great condition.
Quicksilver Messenger Service... Anthology... First Time 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl... Sounding great and looking fine... from your friends at Friday Music!
180g Audiophile Vinyl
Mastered from Original Capital Records Tapes
Mastered by Joe Reagoso with Ron McMaster at Friday Music Studios
First 1,000 Copies Include Silver Embossed Quicksilver Logo! (Limited Time Only!)
Original Gatefold cover
Protective Poly outer bag
1. Pride of Man (1967) (from Quicksilver Messenger Service)
2. Dino's Song (1967) (from Quicksilver Messenger Service)
3. The Fool (1967) (from Quicksilver Messenger Service)
4. Bears (1968) (45rpm only single release)
5. Mona (1969) (from Happy Trails)
6. Edward, the Mad Shirt Grinder (1969) (from Shady Grove)
1. Three or Four Feet From Home (1969) (from Shady Grove)
2. Fresh Air (1970) (from Just For Love)
3. Just For Love (1970) (from Just For Love)
4. Spindrifter (1970) (from What About Me)
5. Local Color (1970) (from What About Me)
6. What About Me (1970) (from What About Me)
7. Don't Cry My Lady Love (1971) (from Quicksilver)
8. Hope (1971) (from Quicksilver)
9. Fire Brothers (1971) (from Quicksilver)
10. I Found Love (1971) (from Quicksilver)