Blind Willie Johnson is arguably the greatest slide/bottleneck guitarist that ever lived and one of the most revered and iconic musical figures of depression-era gospel/blues music. He was a key influence on the likes of Ry Cooder, Eric Clapton and Muddy Waters. This set includes some of his most famous songs like "Dark Was The Night, Cold Was The Ground" and "It's Nobody's Fault But Mine", the former being Ry Cooder's inspiration for his score of the movie Paris, Texas. Johnson's songs have been covered by Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Grateful Dead and The White Stripes.
Blind Willie Johnson was a fire-and-brimstone guitar evangelist who played sacred songs so mean that his legacy has gone down in blues history. Revel in the mesmerizing bottleneck guitar playing of the Texas blues preacher on remastered classics.
Here's your chance to encounter his hypnotic gargling-gravel vocal style punctuated by mesmerizing bottleneck-style guitar!
180 Gram Vinyl
Lovingly Remastered using Pioneering Restoration Techniques
Limited Time Free Download Card
1. God Moves On The Water
2. Dark Was The Night, Cold Was The Ground
3. Keep Your Lamp Trimmed And Burning
4. Jesus Make Up My Dying Bed
5. John The Revelator
6. It's Nobody's Fault But Mine
1. I Know His Blood Can Make Me Whole
2. Mother's Children Have A Hard Time
3. You're Gonna Need Somebody On Your Bond
4. Lord I Just Can't Keep From Crying
5. God Don't Never Change
6. Bye And Bye I'm Going To See The King