Numbered, Limited Edition Transparent "Look-Right-Through-Him" Vinyl - 1500 Copies!
The musical selections director Anthony Minghella chose for his movie The Talented Mr. Ripley are mostly based on the character of jazz enthusiast Dickie Greenleaf (played in the movie by Jude Law). Jazz tracks from Miles Davis, Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie among others are alternated with excerpts from Gabriel Yared's Oscar nominated score. The vocal performances by actors like Matt Damon, Jude Law and Gwyneth Paltrow can be found in the first tracks from the album. An emotional song is "Lullaby for Cain", written by Yared and sung by Sinead O'Connor. It's one of those fantastic additions which makes this soundtrack outstanding. The darker melodies of the whole sets the tone for the storyline, but there's also the dreaminess in which the landscape of Italy comes alive.
The Talented Mr. Ripley stars Matt Damon as the main character Tom Ripley, who is sent to Italy by wealthy shipbuilder Herbert Greenleaf to bring his son Dickie (Jude Law) back home, away from the temptations of high living, women and alcohol. The movie has been nominated for 5 Oscars, including one for the soundtrack by Gabriel Yared. The movie also stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Cate Blanchett and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
The soundtrack is available as a first pressing of 1,500 individually numbered copies on transparent "look-right-through-him" vinyl.
• 180g Audiophile Vinyl
• Double LP
• Gatefold sleeve
• 4-Page insert
• PVC protective sleeve
• Available on vinyl for the first time
• First pressing of 1,500 individually numbered copies on Transparent Look-Right-Through-Him Vinyl
1. Tu Vuo' Fa L'Americano - performed by Matt Damon, Jude Law, Fiorello and The Guy Barker International Quintet
2. My Funny Valentine - performed by Matt Damon and The Guy Barker International Quintet
4. Lullaby For Cain* - performed by Sinead O'Connor
5. Crazy Tom*
1. Ko-Ko - performed by Charlie Parker
2. Nature Boy - performed by Miles Davis
4. The Talented Mr. Ripley*
5. Pent-Up House - performed by Guy Barker, Pete King, Iain Dixon, Robin Aspland, Arne Somogyi and Clark Tracey
1. Guaglione - performed by Marino Marini
2. Moanin' - performed by The Guy Barker International Quintet
4. Four - performed by Guy Barker, Pete King, Iain Dixon, Robin Aspland, Arne Somogyi and Clark Tracey
1. The Champ - performed by Dizzy Gillespie
3. Stabat Matter (Excerpt) - performed by Clifford Gurdin and The London Metropolitan Ensemble
4. You Don't Know What Love Is - performed by John Martyn and The Guy Barker International Quintet
*Original music composed by Gabriel Yared