Originally released by Victory Music in 1991, Tin Machine II is the second and final studio album by Tin Machine. After this album and the supporting tour, frontman David Bowie resumed his solo career.
Tin Machine II's reputation has only increased over the years. Uncut magazine placed the album on their list of 50 Great Lost Albums (their list of great albums not currently available for purchase), calling the album "extraordinary".
As with all Bowie albums, there are plenty of strong tracks here to make this a must have. Opening track "Baby Universal" is pure Bowie. He re-recorded this track in 1996 for his 1997 album Earthling, but the track was not released on the album. It was eventually released in 2020 on the Bowie EP Is it Any Wonder?.
The first single "You Belong in Rock n' Roll" was released ahead of the album and peaked at No. 33 in the UK. The second single "Baby Universal" achieved success on the Modern Rock chart in the USA, where it reached No. 21, and the third and last single "One Shot" became an even bigger hit, reaching No. 3.
The album's cover (which was censored for its original USA release!) was created by Edward Bell, who had previously worked with Bowie in making artwork for Scary Monsters. The MOV cover features a spot varnish finish.
Music On Vinyl gives Tin Machine II its first vinyl re-release since the 1991 original, and it's pressed on colored vinyl for the very first time. The initial pressing is a limited edition of 10,000 individually numbered copies on silver colored vinyl.
- 180g Audiophile Vinyl
- 2nd & final studio album by supergroup Tin Machine
- First vinyl reissue since original 1991 release
- First time available on vinyl in the U.S.
- First time on color vinyl
- Tin Machine = David Bowie, Reeves Gabrels, Tony Sales & Hunt Sales
- Original uncensored European artwork created by Edward Bell
- Special spot-varnished sleeve
- Made in the EU
- Limited edition of 10,000 individually numbered copies on Silver colored vinyl
- Baby Universal
- One Shot
- You Belong In Rock N' Roll
- If There Is Something
- Betty Wrong
- You Can't Talk
- Shopping For Girls
- A Big Hurt
- Goodbye Mr. Ed
- Hammerhead (Instrumental) (Hidden track/unlisted)