Isao Tomita, also known as Tomita, was a Japanese composer, regarded as one of the pioneers of electronic music and space music, and as one of the most famous producers of analog synthesizer arrangements. Many of his albums are electronic versions and adaptations of famous classical music pieces. In 1976, Tomita released his fourth studio album, The Planets. On the album, Gustav Holst's The Planets can be heard in an arrangement for electronic musical instruments, in this case the Moog and Roland synthesizers.
The Planets is available as a limited edition of 500 individually numbered copies on translucent pink colored vinyl and includes a poster with artwork designed by Stanislaw Fernandes.
- 180g Audiophile Vinyl
- Classical Tracks from Gustav Holst Electronically Performed by Isao Tomita
- Poster with Artwork by Stanislaw Fernandes
- Made in the Netherlands
- Limited Edition of 500 Individually Numbered Copies on Translucent Pink Vinyl
Gustav Holst (1874-1934)
- Mars, The Bringer of War
- Venus, The Bringer of Peace
- Mercury, The Winged Messenger
- Jupiter, The Bringer of Jollity
- Saturn, The Bringer of Old Age
- Uranus, The Magician
- Neptune, The Mystic