SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
Rafael Kubelik conducts the Symphonie-Orchester Des Bayerischen Rundfunks for this performance of Slavonic Dances by Dvorak.
Rafael Kubelik worshipped his father, violinist Jan Kubelik. His mother was a Hungarian countess. Rafael studied violin with his father and later, composition and conducting at the Prague Conservatory, graduating in 1933 at the age of 19. Kubelik, also an accomplished pianist, accompanied his father during a tour of the United States in 1935.
2-channel Single Layer SACD
Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player
Symphonie-Orchester Des Bayerischen Rundfunks
Rafael Kubelik, conductor
Slavonic Dances, Op. 46
1. No. 1 in C Major. Presto
2. No. 2 in E minor, Allegretto Scherzando
3. No. 3 in A flat Major, Poco Allegro
4. No. 4 in F Major, Tempo di Minuetto
5. No. 5 in A Major, Allegro vivace
6. No. 6 in D Major, Allegretto Scherzando
7. No. 7 in C minor, Allegro Assai
8. No. 8 in G minor, Presto
Slavonic Dances, Op. 72
9. No. 1 in B Major, Molto vivace
10. No. 2 in E minor, Allegretto Grazioso
11. No. 3 in F Major, Allegro
12. No. 4 in D flat Major, Allegretto Grazioso
13. No. 5 in B flat Major, Poco Adagio
14. No. 6 in B flat Major, Moderato, Quasi Minuetto
15. No. 7 in C Major, Allegro vivace
16. No. 8 in A flat Major, Grazioso E Lento, Ma Non Troppo, Quasi Tempo di Valse