Mastered by Prof. Keith Johnson!
2020 Grammy Award Nominee:
• Best Immersive Audio Album: The Orchestral Organ
• Best Classical Instrumental Solo: The Orchestral Organ - Jan Kraybill
Dr. Jan Kraybill is a musical leader, performer, educator, organ consultant, and enthusiastic advocate for the power of music to change lives for the better. She is Organ Conservator at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts in Kansas City, Missouri, and Organist-in-Residence at the international headquarters of Community of Christ in Independence, Missouri. In these roles she plays and oversees the care of three of the Kansas City metro areas largest pipe organs: the 113-rank Aeolian-Skinner and 102-rank Casavant organs in Community of Christs Auditorium and Temple, and the 102-rank Julia Irene Kauffman Casavant at the Kauffman Centers Helzberg Hall, where the Orchestral Organ was recorded. Dr. Kraybill has performed as a soloist, collaborative artist, and hymn festival designer/leader in many venues in the U.S. and in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Poland, Russia, South Korea, Tahiti, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. She has been featured at regional and national conventions of the American Guild of Organists, the Hymn Society, and other musicians organizations; and on American Public Medias Pipedreams and other broadcasts. This is her third album release with Reference Recordings.
For over 40 years, REFERENCE RECORDINGS has been one of the most innovative and respected independent labels in the music business. Reference Recordings releases have been highly praised for their dedication to high quality sound in the service of great music. Founder Tam Henderson (multi-year GRAMMY®nominee for Producer of the Year), was joined in 1978 by engineer Keith O. Johnson (2011 GRAMMY® winner, and 10 additional nominations). Some 150 projects later, RR is still recording what many consider to be the finest-sounding classical, jazz and blues discs in the world.
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Multi-Channel SACD Layer
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• 5.1 Surround & Stereo
• This Hybrid SACD contains a Super HDCD 24 Bit encoded Stereo CD layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
Jan Kraybill, the Julia Irene Kauffman
Casavant Organ at Kauffman Center's Helzberg Hall
1. Coronation March - First recording
2. Adagio for Strings
3. Funeral March of A Marionette
4. Chaconne from First Suite for Military Band, Op. 28, No. 1 - First recording
6. Praeludium and Chromatic Fugue - World Premiere
7. Romance from Orchestral Suite in D, Op. 49
8. Forest Murmurs from "Siegfried" - First recording
9. Scherzo from "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
11. Grand March from "Aida"