TAS Super LP List! Special Merit: Classical
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
RCA Living Stereo 180g Vinyl LP!
Remastered From The Original Master Tape & Cut at 33 1/3rpm by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound!
Lacquers Plated by Gary Salstrom & Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
RCA Living Stereo classical LPs - the gold standard for top quality orchestral performance and sound!
Mastered by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound from the original 2-track master tape, cut at 33 1/3, and plated and pressed at Quality Record Pressings - makers of the world's finest-sounding vinyl LPs - no other editions match these for the quietest 180-gram platters available.
One of the undisputed finest recordings in the history of classical music! Recorded at Kingsway Hall and engineered by Kenneth Wilkinson, this record couples Moussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition with Night on Bare Mountain. It has long been considered among the greatest-sounding records ever made. Perhaps most stunning about Power of the Orchestra are the effortless dynamics, which have been reviewed and raved about ever since the first RCA shaded dog. From the teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy gentle plucks of strings to the WHAM!! CRASH!! SLAM!! of a full orchestra without a bit of notice. It's heart-stopping, jump-out-of-your-seat-type dynamics. The Power of the Orchestra - a more appropriate title there never was.
Originally recorded in 1962.
- 180g Vinyl
- Remastered from the Original Master Tape by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
- Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
- Lacquers Plated by Gary Salstrom
|Royal Philharmonic Orchestra|
Modest Moussorgsky (1839-1881)
- A Night on Bare Mountain
- Pictures at an Exhibition - Promenade; Gnomus; Promenade; II Vecchio Castello; Promenade; Tuileries; Bydlo
- Promenade: Ballet of the Chicks in Their Shells; Samuel Goldenburg and Schmuyle; The Market Place At Limoges; Catacombs: Con Mortuis in Lingua Mortua; The Hut on Fowl's Legs; The Great Gate of Kiev