Melonie Cannon, daughter of country music songwriter/producer Buddy Cannon, was just 14 when she sang on her first recording session. And by the time she'd reached high school, studio dates filled her calendar. Sammy Kershaw, John Michael Montgomery, George Jones and Kenny Chesney were among the many who made use of her voice – its easy reach from whispered intimacy to exuberance, its way of wrapping around a melody and finding truth in a lyric even the first time through a tune – Melonie Cannon's voice became a favorite of some of country music's best.
Melonie's tribute to country singer Vern Gosdin includes duets with Jim Lauderdale, Vince Gill, Doyle Lawson & Jamey Johnson, Willie Nelson, Alison Krauss & Sidney Cox, and Cody Jinks.
She's one of the best female voices I've ever had the pleasure to sing with.
Melonie Cannon has a pure and soulful sound. She has a true and honest voice that savors every note. She's the real deal.
Melonie Cannon is one of the best singers I know.
One of the most expressive singers in Nashville, and not merely in bluegrass circles.
- Hand-Numbered, Limited Edition - 500 Copies
- Vinyl LP
- Made in the USA
- Is It Rainin' At Your House
- Dim Lights, Thick Smoke (And Loud, Loud Music) with Jim Lauderdale
- Right in the Wrong Direction
- If You're Gonna Do Me Wrong (Do It Right) with Vince Gill
- Way Down Deep with Doyle Lawson & Jamey Johnson
- Do You Believe Me Now
- Dream of Me
- Till the End with Willie Nelson
- I Know the Way to You by Heart with Alison Krauss & Sidney Cox
- I'm Still Crazy
- I Guess I Had Your Leavin' Coming
- Set 'Em Up Joe with Cody Jinks
- Is It That Time Again