Three Wishes For A Rose is an invitation to enter into a place of quite repose; a calm and secret place that welcomes you at the end of the day; suspended between darkness and daylight, waking and a dream.
In addition to the artistry of Principle Cellist for the China Philharmonic, Ma Xinhua, and accompanist extraordinaire Feng Dan, two other names should be mentioned. The first, master recording engineer Professor Li Dakang of the Communication University of China a craftsman of the first order whose understanding of the science of recording technology gives life to the art of music. Finally, we must acknowledge the genius of luthier Matteo Goffriller (1659 1742), whose priceless instrument is featured on this recording. These four artists, who in every way are as international as the program they have recorded, are a testament to the emotional power of music to cross the boundaries of time and geography to create a unique work of art.
- 180g Vinyl LP
- Gatefold jacket with silver foil stamped text
- Nocturne (P.I. Tchaikovksy)
- Orientale (Cesar Cui)
- Kol Nidre (Max Bruch)
- Salut d'Amore (Edward Elgar)
- Vocalise (Sergei Rachmaninov)
- Liebestraum (Franz Liszt)
- Madrigal (Sha Hankun)
- On The Jialing River (He Luting)
- Lullaby (He Luting)
- Three Wishes For A Rose (Huang Zi)
- The Jasmine Flower (Chen Xinruo)